Research has shown that gratitude affects us in very real and significant ways. Here are some things you can do to start developing an attitude of gratitude:
- Look for and notice the good things right around you.
- Be thankful for the little things.
- Write down what you are thankful for.
- Share your gratitude with others – tell people what you appreciate about them!
- Build a habit of gratitude – reflect on, write down or share your gratitude with someone every day.
For more about the benefits of gratitude and how to cultivate it, click here.
The beautiful thing about gratitude is that it easily becomes so much more than a thought or feeling. When we become more grateful, we change and others notice. We feel differently, we talk differently and we treat others better. It seems like the world becomes a better place and, in fact, it does—thanks to gratitude.
-Excerpt from Healing Gratitude by Pamela Szalay